Gateway School for Young Children
We cultivate independent, confident and inquisitive learners
The most important goal of our curriculum is to build upon the self-esteem of each child and to help children become enthusiastic learners. This means encouraging children to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out their ideas and to think their own thoughts.
A History of Excellence
Gateway School for Young Children is truly a community of teachers and families dedicated to each child’s innate potential. We are focused on engaged learning inside and outside the classroom every single day.
About our Curriculum
Children need to feel good about themselves! Positive guidance techniques are used by our staff to enhance a child’s feeling of self-worth.
The philosophy behind our curriculum is that young children learn best by doing. Learning isn’t just repeating what someone else says; it requires active thinking an experimenting to find out how things work and to learn firsthand about the world we live in. Our curriculum identifies goals in all areas of development.
Social: To help children feel comfortable in school, trust their new environment, make friends and feel they are a part of a group.
Emotional: To help children experience pride and self-confidence, develop independence and self-control, and have a positive attitude toward life.
Cognitive: To help children become confident learners by letting them try out their own ideas and experience success, and by helping them acquire learning skills such as the ability to solve problems, ask questions, and use words to describe their ideas, observations and feelings.
Physical: To help children increase their large and small muscle skills and feel confident about what their bodies can do.
Just the Facts
- Established in 1988
- Gateway is open to students who are potty-trained and will be three, four or five years of age by August 31st
- New students are placed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Registration begins in February for the following Fall enrollment
- Classes begin in September after Labor Day
- Gateway follows the Richland School District calendar from September through May observing all their holidays and workshops
- Gateway offers a unique approach in meeting today’s educational needs for young children
- Gateway School for Young Children serves the community as a Preschool Educational Program
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our staff. We are always available to answer any questions you might have. Thank you for considering our school.